European Symposium On Religious Art Restoration & Conservation
IL 12 Simposio su restauro e conservazione di arte religiosa (European Symposium on religious Art Restoration & Conservation) si terrà dall’11 al 13 giugno 2020 a Palermo.
È possibile presentare il proprio contributo entro il 28 febbraio 2020 (massimo 4 pagine) specificando la sessione di interesse.
The symposium is scheduled to 11th - 13th June 2020 and the sessions will take place in two structures located in the city center of Palermo, the Steri (1307), Rectorate of the Palermo’s University and the Royal Palace with the Palatina Chapel (Norman kingdom in Sicily, 1130-1194). Beyond the two Symposium places, many other religious and civil structures are located along the Arab-Norman phat, such as the Cathedral, the Diocesan Museum, the Churches of San Cataldo, San Giovanni degli Eremiti, Santa Maria dell’Ammiraglio, Santissimo Salvatore and many other.
Nine of them, including the cathedrals of Cefalu’ and Monreale, from 2015, are listed by UNESCO as World Heritage (https://arabonormannaunesco.it/en/).The distance, between the Steri and the Royal Palace (A-B path) is about 1,6 km, 20 min by walk, in a totally pedestrian street, C.so Vittorio Emanuele full of shops, bars, etc. and of tourists (very busy during the day and until late evening); the surrounding area is full of (on line booking) Hotel, B&B. At about halfway there is the Santa Caterina d’Alessandria, Church and the connected former nun Dominican convent, today a Religious art museum and where a wonderful shop of Sicilian sweets is also present.
Topics of interest to the conference are as follows:
A. Socio-spiritual values of the religious art:
- A1 – Artistic and cultural evaluation
- A2 – Historic, theological and social perspectives (past and present)
- A3 – Religion and modern cross-cultural communication
- A4 – Religion and globalization
- A5 – Religion, terror and the role of cultural heritage
B. Iconography and Iconology:
- B1 – Environmental impact
- B2 – Analytical, diagnostic and intervention methodologies
- B3 – New materials for conservation and restoration
- B4 – Monitoring and scheduled maintenance
C. Conservation, restoration and diagnostics of religious cultural heritage:
- C1 – Marketing of sacral sights as universal cultural heritage
- C2 – Sacral sights as new dimension of secular tourism
- C3 – Sociocultural development in regions
- C4 – Sacral sights as new tools of war/as tools of politics
- C5 – Sacral sights and securitization discourses
- C6 – Sacral sights and cultural identity
D. Materiality and Meaning in Religious Art and Architecture:
- D1 – Religious media and their audience
- D2 – Modern communication of world religions
- Da 18 Febbraio 2020 00:00 a 28 Febbraio 2020 00:00
- 14 Giugno 2020 00:00
- 13 Giugno 2020 00:00
Powered by iCagenda